Academic Advising

500 Internal Server Error

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.

If you plan to transfer to a 4-year university or are enrolled in our AA, AS, or AFA programs, you must see someone in our Transfer Advising Department. For more information about the college's transfer programs, visit College Transfer Advising

Determining career goals can be hard. We have resources to help. Please visit our Career Development Services. Declaring a major early assists students in finding the quickest pathway to their goals. If you wish to receive financial aid you must be admitted to a major. To get information on declaring a major, download the New Student Enrollment Checklist.

Be sure to contact your faculty advisors at any time during the term when questions or problems arise, but especially during published advisement periods. Your assigned program advisor can be found at You may also ask for the name of your advisor by calling the College at (828) 398-7900 or dropping in at the First Stop in the Bailey Building. New students and those wishing to change their programs of study are welcome to schedule an appointment with the College Entry Advisor. Appointments are available daily and may be scheduled online:

For New Students Only  

Students who are experiencing academic difficulty are invited to meet with an advisor in Student Advising and Support Services located in the K. Ray Bailey building. Students are strongly encouraged to seek assistance as soon as they recognize there is a problem.

For more information, please email or call (828) 398-7900.